How To Tell You Wrote A Stinker
- You don’t want to read it again for proofreading.
- It takes 10 minutes for your next story to exceed the read count of the stinker story. The worst part is, the stinker story was written 6 weeks ago.
- The only clap comes from your friend that you see face to face frequently. And even then they don’t mention it.
- Your mom drops her subscription, which she had created just to read your work.
- ProWritingAid, your paid software writing assistant, won’t let you paste the text in for checking.
- Your cat sniffs your keyboard and refuses to lay on it.
- Publications send you rejection letters before you contact them.
- The curators mark the story as “Ignored” rather than “Distributed”.
- Your family refers to you as a “rebel without a clause”.
- Your girlfriend calls you her “little escaped convict”. When you ask why, she says it’s because you never finish a sentence.
Don’t worry, I can hear your groans through the screen.
Speaking of groans…